Duct Replacement – Santa Rosa and the North Bay
Are you noticing reduced air flow in your home? Are you feeling cold air in areas where there are not vents? Installation of new ductwork can solve these issues. Duct replacement will ensure that you enjoy improved air flow, better air quality, and have more energy efficient heating and cooling system overall.
How Air Ducts Work
Air ducts are composed of fiberglass, plastic or metal. Ductwork is used to distribute airflow from your heating or cooling system throughout your home. This involves the air being sucked from throughout the house into the heater or air conditioner, where it is heated or cooled, and then pushed back through ducts into the living space. Ductwork has a maximum lifespan of about 25 years, but after around 15 years the system can begin to deteriorate which significantly reduces system efficiency.
If ductwork is properly installed and maintained, it is an efficient means of keeping you comfortable and regulating the temperature in your home. If ductwork is improperly installed or maintained the result can be air leakage, poor air quality, and even early failure of your heating/air conditioning equipment.
Signs That You Need Duct Replacement
There are several noticeable factors that could be an indicator of inefficient or leaking ductwork. A few telltale signs of an inefficient HVAC system or leaking ducts include:
- Noisy HVAC Operation – Loud noises can be caused by improper sealing of ducts or damaged ducting. If you hear noises coming from your system you need duct repair or replacement.
- High Energy Bills – If energy bills are noticeably higher than normal it could be a sign that your ducts need replaced. Energy costs will soar if you have faulty ductwork.
- Uneven Heating or Cooling – Homeowners might discover that one or more rooms in the house are improperly warmed or cooled down, in comparison to the rest of the house. Faulty ductwork could be the cause of uneven heating in the home.
- Little to No Airflow Coming from Vents – When your HVAC system kicks in but you feel little air coming from the vent or register, you could have an issue. Something could be blocking the duct causing the air to flow much slower.
Common Air Duct Problems
If you have determined that you are experiencing one or multiple of the telltale signs of duct inefficiencies above, it’s to pinpoint exactly what the problem is and get to the bottom of it before it worsens. That’s where the Duct Doctor comes in. We can address common air duct problems including but are not limited to:
- Duct Leaks – Air duct leaks happen due to improper installation or rodents chewing through ductwork. In either case, a leak means that air is leaking from the ductwork, which means the air is not moving efficiently to the room you need cooled or heated.
- Under-Insulated Ducts – Inadequate insulation forces the HVAC system to heat or cool the ductwork before the proper air temp can be reached. So, when your AC appears to be blowing warm air at first that eventually cools, let your air duct expert know to look for inadequate insulation.
- Air Ducts Are Incorrectly Sized – When you have the wrong-size ducts, the joints and seals may not connect tightly, and you will end up with a leaky air duct system. If the air ducts are either too big or too small, the system will be inefficient, and it could damage your furnace or AC unit.
If you believe that you have an issue with your ducts then you need the Duct Doctor. We can setup a free consultation to evaluate your ducts, pinpoint your issue, and advise on cleaning, repair, or replacement options. No matter what you decide, The Duct Doct has you covered! Call us at (707) 505-8933